2019 Student Poster Contest
All students in Grades K-12 living within the boundaries of the District are invited to participate in this years poster contest. The District sponsors the biannual contest to encourage students to create posters reflecting the importance of using water wisely and protecting our precious resource. Winning entries will be featured in the Districts 18-month calendar and be recognized at a Board Meeting in the Spring.
East Valley Water District is asking for your help to end water overuse.Often wasted through over watering and leaks, water is a precious resource that we all need to protect and preserve. Show us how you use water wisely at home school or in your community. By being a hero and using it wisely, you can help waste zero. Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create a poster that reflects this year's theme Be A Hero, Waste Zero.
Thank you to all students who participated in the 2017 Student Poster Contest. The District received 253 student entries from 1st to 11th grades representing 16 schools in our service area.
Congratulations to the 18 winning students and 5 winning teachers of this years poster contest. Students and teachers were recognized at a Board Meeting in May and were awarded their prizes. Winning posters are in this years conservation calendar which are available at the District Headquarters.
Isaac Rodriguez, 11th Grade
Kali Krishnan, 10th Grade
Vanessa Hernandez, 9th Grade
Han Han, 8th Grade
Yoselin Marquez, 7th Grade
Samra Toma, 6th Grade
Michael Sequeira, 5th Grade
Kiana Abella, 4th Grade
Lesli Villagrana, 2nd Grade
Addison Gregoire, 1st Grade
Diego Reloba, 5th Grade
Isaiah Cazares, 5th Grade
Lakshmi Mohan, 8th Grade
Samantha Fujiwara, 5th Grade
Ashley McConnaha, 5th Grade
Gizelle Dahi, 4th Grade
Melanie Torres, 5th Grade
Samantha Vargas, 3rd Grade
One winner from each grade will be invited to attend an East Valley Water District Board meeting on May 22, 2019 to receive their prizes. The winning artwork will be featured in the East Valley Water District Conservation Calendar, receive a gift card and their framed artwork.
Teachers can win too! Every teacher who submits their students poster will be entered into a drawing to win a $300 gift card for classroom supplies. Five lucky teachers will be selected to win.
How To Enter
All posters must be mailed or hand delivered by 5:00pm on Monday, April 12, 2019 to:
East Valley Water District
31111 Greenspot Road
Highland, California 92346
Email Janett Robledo or call at (909) 806-4287
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Students in Grades K-12 attending schools within the East Valley Water District service area are eligible to participate in the contest.
- All artwork must be drawn horizontally (landscape) on 8.5x11 white drawing paper.
- Students may use crayon, watercolor, markers, ink, chalk, pencils, paints, cut paper, or fabric. Photography or computer generated artwork is permitted.
- Student must include first and last name on back of poster.
- Students are encouraged to write a short water conservation phrase on the artwork. Phrase must be spelled correctly and lettering must be large and legible.
- Students must work on posters independently.
- Posters must illustrate why saving water is important or how to use water wisely.
- Artwork must be original. Reproduction of popular cartoon characters will not be accepted.
- Do not fold artwork. Entry must be kept in its original form.
- Each submitted poster must have an entry form completely filled out and attached to the back of the poster.
- Deadline: All artwork must be mailed or hand delivered by 5:00pm Monday, April 12, 2019.
- This is not a school sponsored activity. The Redlands Unified School District and San Bernardino City Unified School District do not approve, support, supervise or endorse this program/activity.